Erudite School is organizing a sport event called the “Summer Olympics”. This event is for students from 4 to 12 years old (JK - Grade 6).
Location: High Park Soccer Field
Date: June 14, 2022
Time: 9:30am – 12:00pm
There are four athletic competitions:
- Short distance races (40m)
- Medium distance races (80m)
- Long jump
- Ball throwing
These are the groupings of athletes:
- JK – 4 years old
- SK – 5 years old
- Grade 1 – 6 years old
- Grade 2/3 – 7-8 years old
- Grade 4/5 – 9-10 years old
- Grade 6 –10-12 years old
Participants may register for any athletic competition. The same student can be enrolled in one, two or more athletic competitions. Athletes will be registered for each age level on a first come - first serve basis:
4-5 years old – up to 10 participants per group
6-12 years old – up to 12 participants per group
Please register the participants by submitting the following form:
Description of Event:
1. Short distance race (40m): Students are required to run in a straight line for 40 meters flat, two at a time. The athletes with the best results will race the second, third and fourth races. Two judges will register the racing times.
2. Medium distance race (80m): Students are required to run in a straight line for 80 meters flat (40m back and forth), two at a time. Athletes with best results will race the second, third and fourth races. Two judges will register the racing times.
3. Long jump: Students are required to do a horizontal long jump with their feet together. No running for impulse. Participants will have three attempts to jump. Judges will measure the distances.
4. Throwing ball: Students are required to throw a tennis ball using their hands as far as they can. They can do it in a static position or with impulse. Participants will have three attempts to throw the ball. Judges will measure the distances.
Drop Off and Pick up:
- All participants are to dropped off and picked up by:
- student’s school representative or
at High Park Soccer Field 9:30 am (drop-off) and at 12:00 noon (pick-up). Each age group will have a Group Counsellor who is responsible for signing in and signing out the students. The Group Counsellor will stay with the group during the entire event. School representatives and parents are encouraged to stay to support athletes.
- Consent forms for each participant must be signed online prior to drop-off by submitting the following form. Without a signed consent form, the athletes will not be permitted to participate.
- Each participant should apply sunscreen prior his/her arrival.
- Each participant must have his/her own water bottle. Additional bottled water will be provided for all participants at no cost.
- Each participant is encouraged eat a good breakfast and bring an energy snack.