Summer Olympics 2023.
Location: High Park Soccer Field
Date: June 2, 2023
Time: 9:30am – 13:00pm
Erudite Private School is honored to invite other schools to participate in our second annual Summer Olympics event. This sports event is a fun and exciting way to promote a healthy lifestyle in the students, provide athletic experiences and demonstrate positive human relationships between schools, students, parents and teachers who are involved. Please contact us if you are interested.
Description of Event:
1. Short distance race (40m): Students are required to run in a straight line for 40 meters flat, two at a time. The athletes with the best results will race the second, third and fourth races. Two judges will register the racing times.
2. Medium distance race (80m): Students are required to run in a straight line for 80 meters flat (40m back and forth), two at a time. Athletes with best results will race the second, third and fourth races. Two judges will register the racing times.
3. Long jump: Students are required to do a horizontal long jump with their feet together. No running for impulse. Participants will have three attempts to jump. Judges will measure the distances.
4. Throwing ball: Students are required to throw a tennis ball using their hands as far as they can. They can do it in a static position or with impulse. Participants will have three attempts to throw the ball. Judges will measure the distances.
Drop Off and Pick up:
- All participants are to dropped off and picked up by:
- student’s school representative or
at High Park Soccer Field 9:30 am (drop-off) and at 13:00 noon (pick-up). Each age group will have a Group Counsellor who is responsible for signing in and signing out the students. The Group Counsellor will stay with the group during the entire event. School representatives and parents are encouraged to stay to support athletes.
- Consent forms for each participant must be signed online prior to drop-off by submitting the following form. Without a signed consent form, the athletes will not be permitted to participate.
- Each participant should apply sunscreen prior his/her arrival.
- Each participant must have his/her own water bottle. Additional bottled water will be provided for all participants at no cost.
- Each participant is encouraged eat a good breakfast and bring an energy snack.